Wick & Trautwein, LLC, is a different kind of family law firm. Our attorneys will sit down with you and figure out what you want and what you need. With your goals in mind, we will guide you to spend your money where it is going to be the most effective in achieving those goals. With offices conveniently located in Fort Collins and Windsor, we represent individuals and families throughout northern Colorado.
The following examples provide more information about the family law services we provide:
- Divorce: The end of a marriage can certainly be a difficult and emotional process for the parties and families involved. It often entails litigation over division of property and issues related to the care and custody of children, with the unique needs and personal dynamics of each situation coming into play. At Wick & Trautwein, LLC, we have family law attorneys who are regarded by their peers as experts in resolving these often very complex disputes.
- High-asset divorce and property division: Marital property division is a highly detailed area of law and often requires expertise from many types of professionals in arriving at the proper valuation of businesses, pensions, real estate and other significant assets. We have family law attorneys with more than 30 years of experience handling these types of complex situations and are considered by their peers to be expert advocates with regard to these issues.
- Child custody, parenting time and visitation: When children are involved, the best interests of the children are the primary consideration of the courts. These issues are often the most critical and contentious determinations to be made in a dissolution, not to mention very dependent on the other financial issues involved in your case. It is thus of utmost importance to have a knowledgeable and experienced family law attorney in your corner to advocate on your behalf in resolving these issues in your divorce.
- Child support and alimony: Your divorce may involve issues of child support and spousal maintenance (also known as alimony), both of which greatly affect your financial situation following a dissolution. Our attorneys are very knowledgeable in the legal determinations that are involved in addressing these issues and will ensure that support obligations are calculated fairly and accurately.
- Post-decree modifications and enforcement: The entry of the divorce decree is often not the end of legal proceedings. Situations change, and issues may arise after your divorce that require modification or enforcement of your divorce orders. Our experienced family law attorneys are well-versed in helping clients navigate these often difficult, disputed issues.
- Adoption: Our lawyers handle private, stepparent, grandparent, foreign and same-sex adoptions.
- Prenuptial/postnuptial agreements: The same extensive experience in handling issues that arise in divorce proceedings helps our attorneys prepare carefully crafted and effective prenuptial agreements for clients entering into marriage. We also challenge such agreements, when appropriate.