Helping Nonprofits Solve Their Business Law Needs
Wick & Trautwein, LLC, takes pride in representing nonprofit organizations in northern Colorado and southern Wyoming. With offices conveniently located in Fort Collins and Windsor, we represent homeowners associations, arts groups, charities, educational groups, community service organizations, foundations, religious groups and other organizations that have or are seeking nonprofit status.
When you retain our attorneys to represent you, you will receive comprehensive guidance to help you meet your organization’s goals. Some of the services our law firm provides include:
- Formation of nonprofits, including drafting of bylaws, articles of incorporation and trusts
- Advice on how to achieve and maintain tax-exempt status (501c3)
- Advice on good practices such as conflict-of-interest policies for leaders
- Indemnification of officers and directors
- State and federal regulatory compliance
- Advice in fundraising and managing donations
- Help in qualifying and applying for grants
- Assistance in setting up bequests
- Planned giving
- Advice on employment-related issues
- Risk management
The costs of mistakes for nonprofits can be high: Loss of favorable tax status and personal liability of officers and directors. Our attorneys help nonprofit organizations navigate complex federal and state laws and requirements so the leaders can focus on their mission and resources to accomplish that mission.