Wick & Trautwein, LLC
Call Today
Local: 970-237-5694
Toll Free: 866-686-1410

You can file a claim over a contract dispute

With many contracts, the idea is that both parties are receiving something that benefits them. Problems can arise if a contract is in dispute because of financial problems, delays or other types of unexpected events that affect the contract's ability to be fulfilled.

If a breach of contract occurs, you or the other party may want to have the contract enforced or may want to recover any financial losses you've suffered. If your attempts at a resolution between your attorney and the other party's attorney fail, then you may need to file a lawsuit in the court system. Your case may go to small claims court if it's under a $3,000 dispute, while all other claims will go through the regular court system.

There are a few remedies for a breached contract, including damages, cancellation and restitution or specific performance. Damages include a payment from the party who breached the contract to the other party. Specific performance is a court-ordered duty that the other party must be able to complete. Cancellation and restitution results in the cancellation of the contract and payment by suing the party that broke the contract.

If you've made a contract with another party who isn't holding up their end of the deal, it's important that you're able to file a claim against that party and to try to get what you need out of the contract. Our website has more information on what to do if your contract dispute has gotten out of hand and you want to head to court to take care of the case.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
  • Lead Counsel Rated | LC
  • BBB | Accredited Business
  • 10 Best 2017 Attorney | Client Satisfaction | American Institute Of Family Law Attorneys
  • Preeminent AV | LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell | PeerReviewRated
  • Best's Client Recommended Insurance Attorneys Listed Over 25 Year
  • Expertise Best car accident Attorneys in fort collins 2018

Fort Collins Office
323 South College Avenue #3
Fort Collins, CO 80524

Toll Free: 866-686-1410
Phone: 970-237-5694
Fax: 970-482-8929
Fort Collins Law Office Map

Windsor Office
421 Main Street
Windsor, CO 80535

Toll Free: 866-686-1410
Windsor Law Office Map

Review Us
Providing You With The Information You Need To
Make The Right Choices For Your Future

We Take Your Emails Seriously

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy