Robert J. Penny
Robert J. (Bob) Penny has been a member of the firm since 1990. His practice emphasizes estate planning, business law, real estate and other areas of law. Mr. Penny’s estate planning practice includes preparation of wills and trusts, estate tax planning, estate administration, probate, advanced and medical directives. He has been a frequent lecturer for seminars on estate planning and related matters.
Mr. Penny’s business law practice includes corporate and limited liability business formation, non- profit entities, family-owned businesses, contracts, purchase and sale of businesses, business succession planning.
The real estate practice includes the purchase and sale of commercial and residential real estate, commercial and residential leases.
As an active member of the community Mr. Penny has volunteered for several non-profit organizations and has served on several non-profit boards including youth baseball and soccer clubs. He is a long time and dedicated Rotarian. He was past president and longtime board member of the Northern Colorado Estate Planning Council.
Mr. Penny is licensed to practice in the states of Colorado and Wyoming. Bar associations include the Colorado Bar Association, the Colorado Trusts and Estates Division; Larimer County Trusts and Estates Division; Weld County Bar Association; the Wyoming Bar Association; U.S. District Court-District of Wyoming; U.S. District Court-District of Colorado; U.S. District Court of Appeals 10th Circuit.
Originally from Minnesota, Mr. Penny graduated from Iowa State University with a B.S. in Business Administration and received his law degree from the University of Colorado in 1989.
Areas Of Practice
- Wills and Trusts
- Business & Commercial Law
- Real Estate
- Estate Tax Planning
- Colorado, 1990
- Wyoming, 1991
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado, 1991
- U.S. District Court District of Wyoming, 1991
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit, 1991
- University of Colorado School of Law, Boulder, Colorado
- J.D. – 1989
- Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa
- B.S. – 1978
- Major: Business Administration
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Colorado Bar Association, Colorado Trusts and Estates Division
- Wyoming Bar Association
- Larimer County Trusts and Estates Division
- Weld County Bar Association
Pro Bono Activities
- Northern Colorado Estate Planning Council, Past President and Board Member