Banner After

Relationships Built On Trust

Get more with your UIM claim after a car accident in Colorado

by | Feb 2, 2015 | Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Accidents

Getting into a car accident is hard enough, but when you find out that the other driver wasn’t insured, that can cause a lot of stress. In Colorado and Wyoming, vehicle owners are required to carry uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage. This coverage takes care of you in the case that the other party doesn’t have insurance; it covers your medical bills and other needs.

When you’re faced with this situation, you need to make an underinsured/uninsured motorist claim to recoup your costs. You’ll need to be represented to get the most out of this claim in most cases, and you’ll need to show how you were impacted by the other driver.

You may have to prove your injuries have caused you financial and physical trouble, provide medical statements and bills, provide documents for the cost of your vehicle damage, and show other ways you’ve been affected by the driver in question. With the right information, your insurance company should approve your claim and give you what you need; if it doesn’t and you’re denied, then you may need to appeal the decision. Many aspects of coverage conflict, so it may simply be a matter of redefining and solidifying your request for monetary aid.

If you’ve faced an unfair settlement or are struggling to get the insurance payout you need, you may want to discuss your case with someone who can help. Visit our comprehensive website to learn more about underinsured motorist coverage and what it means for you and your family. With the right help, you can get through this situation with minimal challenges, so you can focus on healing.

FindLaw Network