Every business has an intellectual property concern. If you are selling something, you have something to protect. Small-business owners often assume they cannot afford IP protection or think they can handle it themselves. These can be costly mistakes. Protecting your intellectual property rights and knowing how to handle infringements when they occur are often critical to the long-term viability of a company.
The law firm of Wick & Trautwein, LLC, has extensive experience helping individuals and businesses of all sizes protect their intellectual property issues. Whether securing copyright, trademark, trade secret or patent protection or handling intellectual property violations, our attorneys can help. To schedule an appointment to discuss your business's intellectual property needs, complete our online contact form or call us at 970-237-5694 (866-686-1410 toll free).
Protecting Your Brand and Your Product
The best way to prevent intellectual property issues is to talk to a lawyer while your business is being formed. We can help you at any stage in the process. Our firm provides the following services:
- Trademark and trade dresses: Obtaining protection for original logos and product appearance/packaging
- Copyrights: Obtaining protection for original work such as Web marketing copy
- Trade secrets: Obtaining protection for a business's processes, formulas, recipes or any other confidential information that gives a business a competitive advantage
- Patents and patent searches: Obtaining protection for an invention by preventing its manufacture, sale or distribution by another party
- Patent leasing: Drafting licensing agreements to enable a third party to market and sell your product
- International IP protection: Obtaining patent protection and ensuring other intellectual property protections overseas
Skilled Intellectual Property Advocates in Fort Collins, Colorado
To maintain protection over a product, it must be protected from infringement. Intellectual property infringements do not always require litigation, but it is important to have a skilled trial team ready to handle any infringements should they arise. Our attorneys are skilled trial advocates, many of whom have more than 40 years of experience standing up for their business clients.
With offices in Fort Collins, Windsor and Estes Park, we serve businesses throughout northern Colorado and southern Wyoming. To discuss your business's intellectual property issues with one of our attorneys, call 970-237-5694 (866-686-1410 toll free) or connect with us online.